Life is wonderful but at times it can be overwhelming.Reaching out for help is a radical act of self-care.
We all have days that seem endlessly difficult and hard.
It can be better sometimes to reach out for help than try to manage stress on our own.
It may be that life has just got that little bit tougher or taken a turn for the unexpected.
My Therapy Approach
Whether you are seeking traditional counselling, mindfulness training or movement practices like yoga my approach will always include respectful listening, warm encouragement of your steps forward towards insight and feeling better, and non-judgement.
I bring to your session counselling and mindfulness experience developed over more than 20 years as a registered psychotherapist (QCA & PACFA), 12 years as a teacher of Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR), 20 years as a qualified hatha and restorative yoga teacher (IYTA, YA) and a long term meditation practice.
Alison Keane Mindfulness Meditation Teacher & Clinical Counsellor MSSc BBus IYTA Dip
I support you to re-connect with your inner strength, clarity and peace through these therapeutic pathways –
- Individual, couple & family counselling
- Mindfulness-Based Interventions (MBI)
- Teaching of safe accessible meditation & follow-up support
- Hatha, restorative & yin yoga private sessions
- Small group training in lifestyle mindfulness & mindfulness meditation
Does Counselling Help?
Counselling can be especially helpful in beginning your journey of reaching out for help. It can give you confidence and peace of mind in getting a handle on tough mental challenges like –
- Negative thought spirals
- Persistent anxiety
- Worry that doesn’t seem to go away
- Integrating sudden unexpected life upsets or change