Alison Keane – Mindfulness Teacher and Clinical Counsellor
Alison Keane is an experienced and registered Brisbane Counsellor who uses mindfulness based approaches in her counselling work.
Counselling sessions may follow a more traditional pathway of guided supported conversation or Alison may suggest to you the benefits of mindfulness meditation, lifestyle mindfulness, gentle restorative yoga, therapeutic body scan or other body-based relaxation practices.
Alison Keane Mindfulness Trainer and Clinical Counsellor
MSSc BBus IYTA Dip QCA Clinical Member
Alison’s Experience and Background
- Alison trained as a MINDFULNESS EDUCATOR under the direction of Professor of Medicine Emeritus Jon Kabat-Zinn at the Omega Institute, California in 2007
- She teaches mindfulness meditation, and MINDFULNESS BASED STRESS REDUCTION (MBSR) and MINDFULNESS BASED COGNITIVE THERAPY (MBCT) privately.
- Alison has taught MINDFULNESS BASED STRESS REDUCTION (MBSR) for 12 years and was Brisbane’s first MBSR group teacher. She is one of a handful of Australian mindfulness trainers accredited with the CENTER FOR MINDFULNESS IN MEDICINE HEALTHCARE & SOCIETY (CFM)*.
- One of her Queensland mindfulness courses was featured in the award-winning SBS documentary, The Silent Epidemic first screened in 2010 and televised to international audiences.
- Alison is a qualified and highly experienced teacher of HATHA, RESTORATIVE & YIN YOGA (IYTA & YA)
- As well as extensive experience and skill as a mindfulness trainer Alison is an experienced clinical counsellor (MSSc Queensland University of Technology) and is a former Relationships Australia accredited-counsellor
* The CFM is an international agency involved in setting up global mindfulness teaching standards.
- Bettering Relationships
- Understanding Grief & Loss
- Mood disorders